Tuesday 16 December 2014

Romans Homemade Christmas presents

So like most mummy's and daddy's we really wanted to spoil the kiddies at Christmas, but with Romans being at that funny age(2 yrs) he's not really into anything of such and can't really tell us what he wants. Roman is completly obsessed with pirates at the moment, and went throught a fase of making tents so I decided to get him one.
I really love the tepees I see all over Instagram and Facebook, so I had a look into getting him one 😳OMG the price of them company's were looking between £150-£200 for one with out any cushions  lightes etc. 
I'm always looking at ways to cut costs and I'm a dap hand on a sweing machine so I dug it out, dusted it off and made myself a patten,After searching Pinterest and Google for patterns I found one but adapted it for what I wanted to do.
 Even the the fabric was going to cost a little bit of money,but we had a sofa bed/futon we wanted to get rid of so I decided I was going to recycle it, we used the fabric from the cushion for the sides of the tent,I ordered fabric for the polls to sit in and for the cushion inside the tent. Luckily for my my dad is a carpenter so he always has wood lying around that he dosnt need so he gave us that. 
The wood from the futon has made Amiirahs Princesses tent (will write a blogpost on that once finished!!!) 
I'm so pleased and happy with how it turned out, I can't wait to see Romans face Christmas Day he's going to love it! 
It's not always about buying loads of presents for your kids as long as the thought is there it dosnt have to cost the world!!
Love 
msleesha1 
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment